Thursday, January 27, 2011

Song #24 "You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl" by Brooks & Dunn

Okay, those who know me had to know that this was coming, a song that my hubs wrote.  I chose t"You Can't Take The Honky Tonk Out Of The Girl" by Brooks & Dunn (longest title ever) today mainly cause in the last 2 days it's popped up on my iPod.  So if you don't know me, this song was written by my husband, Bart and Bob DiPiero.  It was Bart's first co-write with Bob, first demo, cut & single.  (Little known fact, the band cut the track of the song the day after they had all gone to see the Rolling Stones)  A pretty amazing feat for someone who changed careers in his late 30's.  I'm so proud of him for following his dream.   And who better to have a first cut with than B&D. They cut the crap out of it!!!  And this song paid off the house, so I thank you Kix & Ronnie!  Woo oo oo oo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment