Thursday, January 13, 2011

Song #11 - "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters

And now for something completely different...I know I've been on a Brit rock jag lately, so I thought I'd switch it up and show you all random my taste in music.  I choose "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" by The Andrews Sisters today.  I know it's old school, but I just love their harmonies.  When I hear this song, I think of a more innocent and patriotic time in our country.  In light of the recent events in our country I have to say it's sad that our country has become so divided.

Anyway, I really am a big fan of groups like The Andrews Sisters and the McGuire Sisters.  I've even found a modern day version of these kind of groups called the Puppini Sisters (a group from England), who covered this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment